Thanks for signing up for restock notifications!
There was an error signing up for restock notifications. Please try again.
- Note Before Buying, Measure the height between your platter and your turntable dust cover before you order, so you can play records with your cover closed.
- Height is 34.5mm / 1.35"
- Diameter is 75mm / 2.95"
- 8mm diameter by 20mm deep hole size for your turntable spindle.
- Weight is 313 grams / 11.05 ounces. This is the most common and popular weight for vibration dampening vibrations without overloading your vinyl turntable motor bearings.
- Soft felt backing keeps your record labels safe from scratches.
What Are The Benefits Of Using The Machined Aluminum Turntable Center Weight?
- Turntable Vibration damping: Your turntable stylus will vibrate as it tracks in your vinyl record grooves. Some of this vibration will get transferred to your record. When this vibration happens, your stylus has harder time accurately tracking these grooves.
- Helps Keep vinyl records flat: New or old, no vinyl record is perfectly flat. Warped vinyl will make it harder for your stylus to track the grooves. If you have vinyl records that are slightly warped, then a center weight will help keep them flatter which helps the needle track better. However, this won't help with severely warped vinyl records in your collection.
- Helps reduce wow & flutter: Some Audiophiles claim that record center weights have improved wow & flutter on their vinyl turntable. We performed experiment by giving eight of our customers this record weight for their turntables. Of course this experiment is purely subjective. Everyone's audio equipment, listening environment, and ears are different. Five of these people described hearing a more detailed or clarity in the sound. Three people said they didn't hear any difference. with the center weight on their vinyl turntable. It really depends on your own ears and sound system, so a turntable center weight may not benefit your own listening experience.
Soft Felt Bottom on Machined Aluminum Turntable Center Weight prevents scratching the label your new or vintage vinyl records.
Audiophiles around the world have used these custom made machined aluminum center weights on their turntables that have included Audio Technica, Denon, Dual, Fluance, Kenwood, Klipsch, Lenco, Marantz, McIntosh, Music Hall, Pioneer, Pro-ject, Rega Planar, Sherwood, SONY, TEAC, Technics, Thorens, and Yamaha vinyl record players and turntables.